Back in September, my friend, and writing-workshop instructor extraordinaire, Devon Ellington tagged me in her blog. The tag was a challenge to post “7 Thing About Me” here and nominate seven people to carry it on.
I’ve been slow in responding, but here it is:
7 Things About Me
1. In 1976 my family lived in the Taillon riding of Quebec during the election that gained the Parti Québécois control of the National Assembly. René Lévesque was elected our representative. I remember my parents attempting, unsuccessfully, to have their names added to the voters list. I remember street names changing from English to French almost overnight.
2. I met my husband in a wilderness mining exploration camp in northern Ontario. He was an Earth Science co-op student from Waterloo University, and I was a food and nutrition student from Ryerson Polytechnic. I was the camp cook.
3. At last count, I grow 94 varieties of hosta. It was up to 141, but I lost a few when we moved three years ago.
4. I am an introvert who has learned to mimic extrovert behaviour for short periods of time.
5. I ran for public office three times and was elected to my local school board for a total of nine long years (1996-2005).
6. My hair is streaked purple…bright purple…and I love it.
7. My dog is an Australian Labradoodle. He is the sweetest, most adorable, teddy-bear dog imaginable.
Now for my tags. (I didn’t check with everyone first, so please just ignore me if you don’t have time for this.)
Link back to the person who nominated you.
List 7 Things about yourself. Can be anything you want.
Nominate 7 other people.
Ronda Eyben Payne Girl With A Pen
Andrea Walker My Maple Ridge
Carol Garvin Careann’s Musings
Andrea Lister Absolutely Literate
Kathleen Kaska On Birds and Books
Kelly Whitley Kelly Whitley Blog
Pamela Toler History in the Margins